Prominently placed at the corner of Grannan Lane and Canterbury Street in Saint John’s historic Trinity Royal district is Historica’s most anticipated and highly-publicized project to date. The bright future of the city’s uptown core continues to take shape with the redevelopment of the Canterbury Car Park.
Park Place’s 7,000 square-foot ground floor will be home to three new establishments for the city. Picaroons Traditional Ales, Real Food Connections and the Buckland Merrifield Art Gallery will cater to the increasing number of Saint Johner’s who prefer to support quality local products. This will be the place to eat, drink, and shop local.
The building’s upper floors will feature 14 high-end apartments with large open living spaces and 10 to 12 foot ceilings. The very best in modern amenities will co-exist with the building’s historic exposed brick, gorgeous arch windows and heavy timber construction in true Historica style.
Formerly known as the Jones Building, Park Place is part of a collection of historic commercial buildings built between 1877 and 1881. Early uses of the building include a clothing and furnishing store, country store, and hardware store. In the early 1930’s, O’Brien Motors converted the building into a sales and service operation for Chrysler and Plymouth vehicles, which included a three-story ramp allowing cars to drive all the way to the top floor!