Situated in the heart of Uptown Saint John, Pugsley is one of two adjoining heritage buildings that run from Canterbury down to Prince William Street along Princess.
The brownstone Italianate style building at the corner of Prince William and Princess was also built in 1878. It is known as the Pugsley Building, named after the prominent Pugsley family who owned the building. Two of the leading Saint John families in the legal profession at the time were the Ritchie family and the Pugsley family. The Ritchie’s built and owned the building across the street, where O’Leary’s Pub resides.
Today, the ground floor of this property is home to two of the city’s finest restaurants: Bourbon Quarter and Magnolia Café, and the upper floors offer high end residential suites.