Historica has been developing and managing residential and commercial properties in Uptown Saint John for over 10 years. The company continues to grow and is looking for a Financial Controller to help achieve its mission of making Uptown Saint John the best neighborhood in Atlantic Canada.
ABOUT THE ROLE
HISTORICA is seeking applications for Financial Controller of the company. He/she will report directly to the President of the Company. He/she will be responsible for properly communicating the necessary and useful financial information while ensuring that stakeholders have a relevant understanding of the information provided.
He/she will be responsible for all contacts regarding financing, insurance and financial statements. He/she will also be responsible for participating in funding decisions; choice of computer systems and equipment and software for accounting.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions
- Coordinate and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors
- Provide management with critical information to enable them to make informed decisions
- Assess current accounting activities, provide recommendations to improve them, and implement new processes
- Assess accounting and internal control systems
- Assess the effectiveness of accounting software for meeting the needs of the business
- Develop, track and report on key performance indicators
- Supervise regulatory obligations, which often include tax planning and compliance
- Hire, train, retain and manage qualified accounting staff
- Help the management team improve and grow the company.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is mandatory including the CPA designation
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in construction, property management or real estate development is preferred.
Uptown Saint John, NB
Please send your curriculum vitae and letter of interest via e-mail to email@example.com.
The closing date to apply for this opportunity is noon time on Friday, November 27th.
Historica offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and benefits plan. Historica wishes to thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Historica Team!