Incorporated in 2008, Historica Developments manages and develops properties in Saint John, N.B.’s heritage-rich uptown core. We are a high growth company with big aspirations.
The VP Finance will work alongside the President & CEO and be responsible for all finance and accounting related activities. They will be given the task of maximizing the businesses profitability, and will play an important role in growing the company.
Some of the responsibilities include:
– Assisting in all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission
– Helping execute staff succession and growth plans
– Preparing long term strategic growth and financing plans
– Preparing financial statements on a monthly / annual basis
– Preparing and managing budgets
– Preparing and managing capital project budgets on a weekly basis
– Working with Project Managers to ensure accurate cost reporting
– Monitoring and managing cash flow on an ongoing basis
– Developing and maintaining relationships with financing partners and external vendors
– Reporting to investors and business partners on a periodic basis
– Establishing and documenting additional internal controls within the organization
– Managing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
– Payroll allocations
– Cost Management
– Managing financial and inter company transactions
– Supporting audits, filing corporate returns, HST filings, etc. And,
– Working closely with the President & CEO on other strategic initiatives such as: acquisitions, raising capital, and managing the overall health of the business.
The Successful Applicant
The chosen candidates MUST possess the following skill set:
– Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA or equivalent)
– Minimum 10 years experience in finance & accounting
– Good familiarity with the construction & real estate industry
– Strong management skills
– Strong negotiation skills
– Strong presentation skills
– Proven track record of performing at a high level
What’s on Offer
The opportunity to take a leadership position in a fast paced high growth company that is well established and well regarded in the community, while earning a competitive salary commensurate with the role and responsibilities outlined above.
The deadline to apply is September 8th, and resumes can be emailed to: email@example.com